Miyerkules, Nobyembre 9, 2011

This is My Dream Title, Not My Dream Job


     Working for a company whose vision is to become a global standard when it comes to customer-eccentricity has taught me one thing - how to become a more demanding customer myself.This is sometimes good or bad.Good because first I get what I want. Second is I get to say what I want. The bad news is it's easy to irritate and disappoint me. It's human nature to kind of expect from others what you give them. When this does not happen bubbles start bursting. This has been going on until Patrick Star stated the wisdom that until we allow little nasty things done to us just pass we will not be at ease. By loosening up, I'm learning to let go.


     I spent the whole day today - to be continued the whole day tomorrow -attending seminar on customer service. While I am immersed in the discussion, it really makes me think if I'm really in the right job. One way to describe me is that I hate people. I'm no Hitler but I'm a major anti-social. So everyday of my life I'm thinking, why the hell am I here? 


     I don't like Math, though one thing I can be proud of is the 92% I got in the ECE licensure exam. I usually don' like things which are required of me even if in truth, I like them.Back in the senior year of high school, in an activity,the teacher told us to dress up our dream profession. I dressed up like what I officially became five and a half years later with a name tag above my chest where those four-letter title was inked.


     When I first found out I passed the board, I did not shout or jump for joy. I did not cry either. Poker face. Bu believe me, until now I can say that I am truly happy with it. Maybe forever grateful because of it. Whether being licensed here is important or not is still debatable but who cares. It is a big dream fulfilled, a dream title achieved.


     To date, I'm spending nearly two years in a field outside of engineering. It never bothered me  until now that I'm bored with my job. If I wanna practice, I'm still not sure. I know I entered my current job with thoughts and hopes that I could excel on this and I have in my own way and pace. But not having to experience what it's like to be an engineer is maybe what's bothering me. I'm twenty-three and will probably be working for the next three decades of my life. I don't wanna be stuck here. I am young. I get bored easily and the whole world being still there for my taking is sinfully tempting. What pains me is the thought that my present is all there is. That I'm gonna do for the rest of my career with very little changes. I wanna eliminate the what ifs and maybe I can only do that if I'll try my hands on the course I spent more than half a decade on.


     Engineering is my dream title. It's not my dream job. Or is it?

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento