Miyerkules, Nobyembre 9, 2011

Dinner on a Cruise Ship Experience


     First of, Sir Dan is one of my few real friends in Pasig. He's very gay in the true sense of the word-figuratively and literally. We go go to the spa together, dine and shop and other stuffs. He's the one who invited me yesterday for a dinner on what he called "barko in Manila Bay".

     The dinner  - as I later on found out - was one of the deals purchased through a group-buying site. Mitch, another colleague, initially bought a lot of vouchers and sold them later for a little higher price.Mitch is a Chinese and her being one reflected on this move. Cherry bought four and needed three persons for company. Sir Dan, Venus Bernal and I were the lucky ones.

     We had to commute from Pasig to CCP Complex in Pasay. Registration is up to 5:45PM as what the voucher said for the 6:00PM dinner. That said, we had to leave the office at 4:30PM just to beat the buzzer. This is one of the things I love about my job. We can leave at our own disposal. I'm not very familiar with the metro although I've been "living" here for almost 3 years now. The truth is, maybe I never really bothered to teach myself Manila's streets and roads. Heck, I know how to read. When I wanna go somewhere alone I'm confident I can go there no matter what. This night, being my idea of unwinding,I just let them direct us where and what to ride.

     Traffic. Rain brought about what was announced on the news as start of La Nina phenomenon. We thought these would spoil the evening. Fortunately, the rain stopped when we were aboard the Prestige Cruise Ship.

     It's not everyday that I can have dinner this way. This is actually a first time. If only for the thought of dining in a sailing yacht this experience could have hit an A+ on my scale. As I am often told, I am harder to please than the average person so I have my observations cum complaints.
     
     I think I mentioned already that it rained before reaching Manila Bay. This is apparent on the ship's floor. One must be very careful with walking around choosing seats or taking pictures. People are admitted on the 2 lower decks since the top one are available for an additional fee of Php100.00. Picture takings on the top deck, though, is allowed. The cruise ship also did not leave the bay until 6:15 so people who were expecting the food to be served at 6:00PM sharp were getting a little impatient.

     Lines were long at the buffet table. Of course I can not complain on this. Manila Bay by night is a sight to behold from the ship. This view as the appetizer is superb. Talking about the real food, a bland soup; carrots and cucumber salad; one chicken dish; and pork with pasta viand is not my idea of a buffet. You can tell if the buffet is a hit if people keeps on coming back at the buffet table but that was clearly not the scenario. The buffet lacked choices and with it comes the unimpressive taste. I'm actually not hard to  please when it comes to soup. In fact I enjoy ordinary prepackaged easy-to-cook soups by a popular brand. Their soup just sucks.The buffet doesn't come with drinks like how it is with other restaurants. They have brownies though given per piece to each guests.

     On the bright side of things, they have live band to entertain the customers while dining. Requests and greetings for birthdays or special occasions are welcomed. The staff were ready to assist customers in bringing food to their table since carrying plates over "troubled water" on high heels (yes, high heels , I noticed a lot of guests wearing those) is a challenge. Yes to the boat ride. No to the buffet. It was endorsed as buffet on-board so naturally they are expected to provide those two satisfactorily.

     The ship returned to the bay at around 7:30PM to accommodate the next and last batch of customers.

     A few meters away is the ship for Corregidor Island tours. We decided to take that trip next time.

     Going home, we took a stroll through CCP Complex. Dazzling lights through giant lanterns hang on CCP building for the ongoing Christmas Season. Sir Dan and Cherry did their plankings there! In the end having nice,crazy fun is always a thing to be thankful for. No matter what the conditions are, it is the company and friendship that matter. That's only then  we can say that WE'RE CRUISIN' TOGETHER.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento