Martes, Nobyembre 29, 2011

Back on Track

 I ran four kilometers this afternoon after almost 6 months of hiatus. This is to prepare for the six-kilometer fun run I’ll join this coming December 3, 2011 organized by the Malolos Cathedral organization. This is a benefit fun run I suppose since this is by the church. I registered my boyfriend, too, for the run though he’s not sure if he can be there on Saturday because of work. Well I hope he comes because honestly I don’t know if I could finish the fun run alive. Just kidding. It won’t kill me. It can almost kill me if I’m not properly conditioned. I try to run four kilometers for three consecutive days. I’ll rest on Friday and come early on the cathedral on Saturday since early birds will have freebies! Poor me, just aiming for the consolation prize.

What’s good about my treatment of this sport is that I don’t do it for competitive purposes. I’m smart enough to know I won’t win a marathon though I already placed third in a 4.7km run in Binangonan beating policemen. I do it to challenge myself. I got engaged in this sport for actually a different purpose than the challenge I mentioned-to lose weight before a wedding. After the wedding , I stopped being active meaning I didn’t get to train regularly which was like three times a week. I also missed at least two fun runs in which I was registered for free since the company I work for sponsors such events. I’m coming back for the challenge of running/walking my first 6k.

Even with the “program” I created for myself, I don’t aim for 6k which is equivalent to 15 rounds. I’m training alone what if I just die for lack of oxygen?! I might faint and expose myself to paranoid-induced dangers and shame. I’m just courageous to run 6k on Saturday because hopefully my boyfriend will run with me and will be there in case something bad happens to me.

Since this fun run is for a good cause, the Lord will guide us.


***Jaime Rivera was the “choir” for the mass at 6PM last Sunday. She was promoting her album with 18 tracks on it. I actually got interested in buying the album since it has 18 songs on it! (The eighteenth is our monthsary.) My boyfriend was getting annoying when I was about to line up for the cd so I opted not to buy.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento